4.22.2009

Stir Fried Vegetables with Pasta

I prefer to cook noodles or porridge for weekend lunches at home. So I flipped my recipes book for ideas..."Stir Fried Vegetables with Pasta"...aha..that's something easy and I've most of the ingredients.

1. First, chopped up the vegetables (you can substitute any of the veg e.g. capsicums, beansprouts, courgettes etc. ):
- baby corns cut into 2cm and halved,
- carrots cut into strips
- cabagges cut into thin strips
- some ginger flower ( not sure what you call them in English, looks like ku chai / spring onions with small flower buds)
- ginger cut into strips

2. Then boil the spaghettti for about 13 minutes or until al dente (follow instructions on packaging). You can substitute this with other types of pasta. Drain the water, and immersed in cold water for later use.













3. Now the stir-fry part. Heat up some oil in the wok, stir fry the ginger strips until it turns abit brown.
4. Add in the vegetables. Stir fry until the vegetables are medium cooked.
5. Add in the cooked spaghetti and continue to stir fry.
6. Add 2-3 tablespoons of yellow bean paste (tau cheong) and mix it well with the ingredients in the wok.
7. Continue to stir fry for another few minutes. Then serve it hot.

The recipe above is vegetarian, so I had added fried marinated pork slices. Just add salt, pepper, soy sauce and some cornflour to marinate. Then fry it in hot oil in the work. I did this before I cook stir fry the pasta and vegetables. So I could reuse the remaining oil for stir frying the pasta and vegetables.

Serve the stir fried vegetables with pasta with the pork slices, and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top...tadaa! You have your quickie lunch meal. ( The keropok-like thing you see in the picture below is papadam..nice! )

To wash it down nicely, I also cooked a pot of chinese tea.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your blog is cool! I also love food! Can we be friends?

Related Posts with Thumbnails