1.05.2007

Honk! If You're Malaysian


I found out about Lydia Teh in PL's blog. She's our very own Malaysian author from Klang, and has recently released her book "Honk! If You're Malaysian".

I haven't got a copy of the book yet, but the book cover looks kinda cute and the book title sounds interesting enough to catch my eye. I've always like to read books about local culture written in a lighthearted manner. It makes me feel "connected" to the locals..haha.

This book is Lydia's humourous look on the Malaysian way of life. And I bet it would tickle the many hearts of us locals to read through the things that are so familiar to us. So far most of the fans' reviews have said this is an enjoyable book to read. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed to win a copy of this book through the Honk! If You're Malaysian contest on her blog.

Let's show your support to our homegrown author. Grab her books, drop by her blog, and don't forget to enter the contest too!

Guess I shall be checking out this book one of these weekends in the bookshops ;)

3 comments:

Pooi Ling said...

the book is great! read a few stories in this book last week...it's written in a humourous and witty way, reflecting Malaysian culture. Great thing about this book is - it's pretty cheap: cost only RM29. Greatly Recommended!

Lydia Teh said...

Firethorn, thanks for the link.

Pooi Ling, I'm glad you like the book. Thank you for your recommendation.

Lydia Teh said...

Pooi Ling, if you paste this comment in my blog (in the Honk contest entry), you can be in the running for book prizes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails