8.28.2006

My life: Trip to Tioman Island

I finally had my overdue holiday. It was a tiring trip to Tioman Island over the weekend but all were worthwhile. The fishes & corals were so fascinating and far more beautiful than what I've seen on my snorkelling trips to other Malaysian islands. I must recommend Pulau Renggis to all snorkelling fans. This place is just a 5 minutes speed boat's ride from Berjaya Tioman. It's a shallow coral reef, but once you jump into the sea, you will greeted with many schools of fishes (i mean many!) and the corals are so "alive". The corals are so colourful with a myriad of colours, unlike some which look quite dead and grey on other islands. I even spotted a clown fish (neh..the Nemo fish lah) among the anemones. Fascinating!

Berjaya Tioman is a nice place to stay. But I guess I would stay Salang Village if I were to go there again. Was pissed off with the Berjaya Tioman tour operators. They had these optional snorkelling tours, but all were fully booked over the weekend by groups (I suppose they were those coming for company trips) visiting the resort. I can't believe it! How can they do that? They should have foreseen that and provide additional trips for other visitors as well. Luckily, the other operator (some persatuan xxx, who operated in Berjaya premises) had alternative trips. Even that it was not confirmed, as they operated according to numbers of participants. We had to check again later that day to confirm if the trip. I don't understand how can Berjaya monopolise the tours, and just because some big groups had booked for the weekend, they left others in the lurch! This is totally a let down.

Anyway, I managed to go on a shorter island hopping trip. And it was just as enjoyable, eventhough I didn't get to go on the round island trip. I suggest those of you who plans to go to Tioman, get a 4D3N package. You could go a day of snorkelling, and another day for jungle trekking to the Mukut Waterfalls and the Twin Peaks.

Shall be posting some of my pictures later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...tell you wat..i am going to Tioman tomorrow...Gonna spend 4d3n there...and guess what!!! I am staying @ SALANG -haha....

firethorn said...

whoa...nice nice...send me your links to your pics later when you get back.

jiawen said...

huh? tot u'll be staying at salang tim since u asked me b4...

yea... salang d best! just can't forget those day in salang... for sure i'll b back... some day... : D

Related Posts with Thumbnails