9.17.2009

Homemade Chicken Satay

I bought a microwave oven during the recent CIMB Perfect Living '09 fair. And I've been experimenting with microwave oven cooking for the past few weeks. There were spots and misses. But overall, I scored more.

I had some chicken fillet in my fridge and I was trying to figure out how to cook it. As I flipped my microwave oven recipe book, I saw this...Chicken Satay! Well, I did have the main ingredient (Chicken fillet) and the satay sticks eventhough I don't have the satay sauce. Anyway, I decided to try it out.

I used curry powder, salt, soya sauce, pepper, few dashes of Maggi seasoning sauce and Chinese ShaoTsing wine for marinating the chicken. Then I let it marinade for about 2 hours. The rest was quite simple, I cut the chicken fillets into cubes and skewered them with the satay sticks, trying to cover all surfaces of the stick. (the stick may get burnt if left exposed in the oven).

I followed the instructions on the book, and after about 30 minutes of microwave cooking and grilling, the satay was ready! The aromatic curry smell filled my kitchen. But I thought the chicken was a bit dry, and I could have put more salt to taste. Since there was no satay sauce, tabasco sauce was the next best thing to dip it in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yam mee ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails