5.29.2009

Pan Mee @ Ikano Power Center

While picking up Kiko from the pet shop in Ikano Power Center (Location map), we had stopped by this place selling Pan Mee in Ikano for lunch.

I forgot to notice the name of the stall, however it is called 面粉居(Mian Fen Ju) in Chinese, basically means "house of noodles". The menu shows different varieties of Pan Mee, and limited drink choices.

I wanted something spicy so I ordered Curry Chicken Pan Mee, while N went for Sambal Dried Shrimps Pan Mee. The pan mee was supposedly "home-made", so it looks and tasted coarser.

Mine looked rather promising when the bowl was served. It was dried curry chicken rendang over the noodles, sprinkled with chopped spring onions. N's looked promising too, with the minced sambal dried shrimps and chopped spring onions, though the portion looked abit too small.

However, to my surprise (and dismay), my curry chicken was too hot for tastebuds! (even for a spicy food lover like me). So I was not enjoying the pan mee at all. I was basically picking the chicken bits, trying to separate the rendang gravy away from my noodles. In the end, I didn't finish it, it was too much spicyness for me. N however slurped up his noodles.

So if you happen to visit this stall, pls stay away from the curry chicken pan mee, try the non-spicy ones instead. :P

Sambal dried shrimps pan mee

Curry chicken pan mee

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails